Welcome to the Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling Psychology program at Assumption College. The program is singular in its unique course progression, curriculum-wide integration of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and emphasis on helping students build a knowledge and expertise base that leads to the high-level practical application of CBT as a professional counselor. As a student in the program, you are assured of learning from highly skilled psychologists who are committed to fostering your development as a mental health professional.
DISTINCTIVE ADVANTAGES OF ASSUMPTION'S GRADUATE CLINICAL COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY PROGRAM
In addition to the depth of quality courses and the willingness of our instructors to help each student develop his or her area of expertise, Assumption offers unique advantages to help you advance your career:
- Assumption has the only M.A. offering a fully integrated curriculum based on cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) in the United States.
- The Aaron T. Beck Institute for Cognitive Studies at Assumption College attracts CBT practitioners from around the globe to present at and attend workshops and lectures on campus.
- Our graduates are frequently recruited for positions requiring a Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling Psychology.
- Assumption offers generous Graduate Fellowships with 30 credits of tuition remission.
- You choose four electives, which provides flexibility to focus on your personal interests.
- All faculty bring extensive clinical experience to the classroom, and full-time faculty also have impressive research credentials.
- The program can be completed in two years.
- The numerous practicum-internship opportunities in Worcester, a city renowned for health care, are key components of the program.
- The program is designed to prepare graduates to meet the educational requirements for licensure as a Mental Health Counselor in Massachusetts and most other states.*
We welcome you to join the many leading mental health professionals who began their careers in our program at Assumption College.
*Assumption cannot guarantee licensure and students are responsible for monitoring of the licensing requirements.
If you require assistance or are interested in learning more, please contact me.
Susan M. Cahill, Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment