Empower yourself with the tools and experience to unlock every student's potential for learning. Join the Special Education experts who have become master teachers at Assumption.
The M.A. in Special Education program at Assumption College seeks to prepare its graduate students for successful careers in teaching students with special needs in both inclusive and non-inclusive classroom environments. The program also strives to educate its graduate students to exemplify good character and integrity in all aspects of their professional lives.
- Learn practical, cutting-edge techniques from instructors who are expert teachers, administrators, and counselors in local school systems.
- Enjoy small classes, personal attention, and highly accessible faculty.
- Establish your foundation for success with a rigorous, comprehensive program modeled on Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education guidelines.
- Join students who are consistent achievers on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure.
- Systematic monitoring of student progress is provided throughout the program.
- Top career guidance and support services are offered.
- Graduates teach in urban and suburban communities, in public and private schools.
If you require assistance or are interested in learning more, please contact me.
Susan M. Cahill, Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment